The benefits of being G7 Master
If you would like to know what a G7 is you can read below the Q&A. You can click here to view a complete overview of the G7 process.
Visit http://connect.idealliance.org/home for more information.
What is G7?
- G7 is an international standard (TR015) for calibrating printing presses and proofing systems to a common visual neutral grayscale appearance.
- The G7 methodology uses gray balance as the driving force for achieving visual similarity across all print processes.
- G7 is the benchmark method to obtain the goals and specifications specified in the Guide to Print Production 12th Ed, a comprehensive set of established best practices & specifications for printing (available at www.idealliance.org).
What does it prove to be a G7 Master Qualified Proof or Print Provider?
- G7 Master Qualification is a sought-after recognition of excellence in printing.
- The G7 Master designation identifies print service providers, prepress providers, and creative agencies that excel in implementing the G7 Proof-to-Print Process, a calibration method that allows printers to achieve a visual simulation across multiple print platforms.
- A G7® Master Qualified printer, through the implementation of proofing and printing calibration to G7 and use of standardization, can simulate color locally as well as globally, across all types of print systems and devices.
- G7 Master Qualified companies join an elite group of proof and print service providers who have successfully proven capable of providing the highest quality color printing.
- Customers of G7® Master Qualified printers benefit from the most modern technology, techniques and process controls available today in the graphic arts industry.
- Achieving color consistency when printing on multiple platforms, in various geographic regions, is a critical component in brand management.
Who does the qualifying?
- The G7 program is managed by IDEAlliance®, a not-for-profit association of leading print and electronic media service providers and their technology partners.
- As a global association, IDEAlliance is dedicated to guiding media production best practices, specifications, and standards, worldwide.
- A database of G7 Master Qualified companies, searchable by location as well as by print service capabilities, can be found on the IDEAlliance website at https://meetings.idealliance.org/eSeries/Directory/.
*G7® and GRACoL® are registered trademarks of IDEAlliance – www.idealliance.org 703-837-1070