Variable Data Specialist
The Variable Data Print (VDP) Specialist designs new products and processes using variable data print technology. Candidate will use digital print experience, including knowledge of fonts, colors, images, impositions, and variable data, to create large volume PDF output files for print.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Uses software tools, including Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Bartender, Fusion Pro and Extensis Connect Fonts, to create variable data print files to produce barcode labels and tags.
- Understands variable data print (VDP) processes and digital print technologies. Uses technical and design skills to create PDF/VT print files using a combination of fonts, colors, images, and impositions.
- Fonts: manages fonts to ensure we are consistent in use and do not have duplicate fonts in use
- Colors: understands use of Pantone, RGB, CMYK and spot colors in digital print
- Images: understands various image file formats, resolutions and follows best practice to optimize PDF file size and printing efficiency
- Impositions: understands lay down order of variable data on a print page, while maintaining page order as per production requirements
- Familiar with page setups for pre-press, simplex and duplex formatting.
- Familiarity with sheet and roll-based print products (layouts, bleeds, folios, and cut / timing marks) will be beneficial.
- Manipulates text data files to prepare the variable data print solution.
- Maintains proficiency with various printers and print engines that aid new customer product setup through best practice recommendations.
- May create or support Fusion Pro templates as it relates to final page setup.
- Uses problem-solving skills to troubleshoot issues for permanent resolution- on new items and current items that may be returned or rejected by production.
- Ensures high degree of quality control for new product setup and new manufacturing processes prior to delivery to the customer. Final QC/approval along with sales on samples prior to shipping.
- Great communication skills.
- Maintains high quality standards that improve the effectiveness of new product launches for our customers.
- 2+ years’ digital print experience required.
- 2+ years’ experience working with Variable Data Print (VDP) system solutions, such as XMPie, Quark, InDesign, Fusion Pro, or equivalent software.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite of products
- Strong data management skills. Can use data merge tools to process variable data files, with the page design, and create the output PDF for print.
- Creative, analytical, and resourceful to solve multiple variable problems.
- Strong documentation skills to crate training guides and process workflows.
- Experience with Fusion Pro or XMPIE software (test administered)
- Understands barcode symbologist.
- Experience with Unicode and universal character sets for PDF files
Variable Data Specialist
Please submit a resume.